For those who had submitted their Canada visa applications before 27th February 2008—If the applicants had applied to the Canada immigration department before 27th February 2008, you will be contacted by the concerned Canada visa office.
You will have to furnish detailed documents as required by the visa office around four months before the application submitted by you gets processed.
Once your application for Canada immigration, complete in all respects, has undergone verification, you will be sent a letter by the concerned office regarding the next action to be taken by you.
One thing to be kept in mind is that the application of any candidate will get processed in accordance with rules applicable at the time of submitting the application.
For those who had submitted their Canada visa applications on or after 27th February 2008—If you had applied for Canada immigration on or after 27th February 2008, then you need to consider the following things—
Processing times for Canada immigration application—Unnecessary delays in processing of your application for Canada immigration can be avoided by doing the following—
• Don’t make repeated calls at the concerned Canada visa office;
• Provide French or English translated versions of all of your certified original documents in case you are submitting these certificates in languages other than these two;
• All documented and photocopies provided by you must be legible and clear;
• You must adhere to follow all instructions provided by the concerned Canada visa office within the stipulated time;
• Must provide notifications of any change in your address, phone number, fax numbers, or even a change in your family to the concerned Canada visa office.
Longer processing times likely for the following cases—
• Incomplete or unclear family status of the applicant like adoption or divorce might lead to unnecessary delays in the processing of your Canada visa applications.
• In case, the applicant needs to undergo additional security checks or has some issues with regard to security or criminal charges, the application will be subject to delays.
Online checking of the status of your Canada immigration application—You can always know the progress of your application for Canada immigration by going online once the processing has begun by the concerned visa office.