Eligibility criteria for US J-1 visa
United States, 18th May: Are you a student or youngster looking for an opportunity to live and work in the US by seeking J-1 visa during summer vacations? Follow the below stated steps to get to your destination easily----
First of all, let’s briefly discuss what actually a J-1 visa is. It’s a non-immigrant visa by the US immigration department to allow exchange of visitors taking part in different programs involving cultural exchange in science, arts and education.
Under this program, US immigration rules require the applicants to fulfill basic eligibility criteria and also get sponsored either by a government program or by any private sector.
US immigration allows youngsters to come to the US under summer work and travel program on the basis of J-1 visa or US summer work visa.
To increase your chances of getting a US J-1 visa, you must act before the summer months approach as during this time, US Embassies are overwhelmed with large volumes of US J-1 visa applications.
Who is Eligible under US J-1 visa------?
• Students at various academic levels;
• Research scholars;
• Teachers of schools including primary, specialized and secondary schools;
• Professional trainees in allied/medical fields;
• Professors coming to the US to do research or to teach at any institutes of higher learning;
• International visitors arriving in the US to travel, consult, do research, get training, demonstrate special skills or knowledge or take part in any organized people program.
Requirements for getting a US J-1 visa---
• The foremost requirement for getting this visa is DS-2019 form. This form can be issued by any sponsor appointed by the US Department of State (DOS);
• Must be aged between 18 years and 30 years;
• Have proficiency in English;
• Posses a degree or a diploma from a recognized University along with a work experience of one year duration; or
• Be a fresh or recent graduate from any degree/certificate granting institute(post secondary institute) who will start the program within a year of graduation; or
• Be a student currently enrolled in a degree/certificate granting institute(post secondary institute) situated outside the US; or
• Under graduate with a work experience of five-year duration.
You must check your eligibility for US J-1 exchange visitor visa under the US immigration rules to avoid any disappoint later on.