Considerations before buying a new house in Canada
Canada, 21st August: Are you an immigrant planning to buy a new house in Canada?
You need to keep a few things in mind before doing so.
Buying a new house in Canada—After immigrating to Canada, you may feel the need to buy a new home here. However, you must keep in mind certain pre-essentials before heading towards purchasing a new home in Canada.
Consulting trusted real estate agents in Canada--Finding a home can become simple if you consult a real estate advisor, real estate agent, a property consultant or a lawyer.
Of course, you can ask your friends or neighbors for any references of a real estate agent. And there are a couple of organizations serving immigrants to help you in buying a home of your dreams in Canada. Here some points to be kept in mind to ensure you are getting the real worth in buying a new home in Canada— • Moisture is a real threat to your home. And any minor leakage can be a source of big problems.
Look for moisture related problems in a house including standing water, wet insulation, damp floor to make your home buying a real worth.
• Inspection of roof is a must to make sure the house you want to buy is well built.
• If there is water in the basement of the house, it might be due to improper grading leading to drainage problems.
• Any major cracks on the walls are a danger since repair can be very costly affair especially if its not covered by home insurance.
• Sanitary sewer overflows are a big no-no in a house to be bought.
• A house with good insulation is considered to be a big saving on cooling and heating bills. So, it is recommended that you should inspect cavity wall insulation in any residential property you consider to buy.
• A house having old plumbing should be avoided. Any leaks in toilet, sink etc. can lead to mildew.
• Is the house you consider to purchase is being painted or has been painted only recently? Beware! For this might be a step to cover some serious loopholes in the house.
• Good storage areas can be a good saving for you.